Lookup Component is used to give autocomplete search capability in Salesforce Flow. We can use a standard lookup component to create a multi-select lookup. This post will give detail on how to use multi select Lookup in Salesforce Screen Flow.
Multi Select lookup capability is added in Salesforce Winter ’23. Earlier we were able to use single record selection.
Configure Multi-Select Lookup
To configure the lookup component we will need the lookup relationship field in the object. So create or use any lookup field for configuring it.
Let us see each input property to configure.
- Field API Name – Put lookup field information in this property
- Label– Provide a label to show on the lookup components like Select Users or Select Approvers
- Object API Name– Object API where Field API Name is created or available.
- Maximum Selections– Maximum number which can be selected. If we will not provide it will take 1 as the default value.
- Record ID– Record id which we want to show as selected record in lookup component. This should we used when maximum row selection is 1.
- Record ID Collection– Record ids which we want to show as selected record in lookup component. This should we used when maximum row selection is greater than 1.
- Required – Set this when you want to make it required component.
- Record ID- This will give selected record id
- Record ID Collection- This will give all selected record ids
- Record Name – This will give selected record name field’s value.
This demo video is showing lookup for user object in case object. I have created user lookup field in case object.
Select Multiple Records in the Lookup Flow Screen Component
Post Chatter Feed Using FeedItem in Flow