Salesforce Administrator Certification is a credential offered by Salesforce, a leading cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform. The certification is designed to validate the skills and knowledge of individuals working as Salesforce administrators. A Salesforce administrator is responsible for managing and configuring Salesforce applications, maintaining user accounts, data management, security, automation, and customization of the Salesforce platform to meet an organisation’s specific needs.
The Salesforce Admin Certification demonstrates that an individual has a solid understanding of the Salesforce platform, its features, and its capabilities. It covers various topics, including but not limited to:
- Salesforce organization setup: This includes understanding the different Salesforce editions, licenses, user profiles, and permissions.
- User and data management: Managing user accounts, roles, and profiles, as well as configuring and maintaining data security and data access.
- Salesforce customization and configuration: Customizing the Salesforce platform to meet business requirements using custom objects, fields, page layouts, record types, workflows, and validation rules.
- Sales and service cloud applications: Understanding the core features and functionality of the Sales Cloud and Service Cloud, including lead management, opportunity management, case management, and Salesforce Mobile App.
- Reports and dashboards: Creating and managing reports and dashboards to provide meaningful insights into data.
- Automation and workflow: Configuring automation using workflow rules, process builder, and approval processes.
- AppExchange and Salesforce mobile app: Understanding the AppExchange marketplace and installing and configuring Salesforce mobile app for users.
To earn the Salesforce Admin Certification, individuals need to pass the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions and tests the candidate’s knowledge and practical application of Salesforce administration concepts.
Salesforce Certified Administrator Exam Topics
The Salesforce Administrator Exam assesses a candidate’s knowledge and abilities in relation to the following objectives. A candidate should have hands-on experience as a Salesforce Administrator and have shown the implementation of each of the features/functions listed below.
1. Configuration and Setup (20%)
This topic will cover all core settings to configure Salesforce Org for Organisation. Candidate should know how to configure currency/multicurrency, business hours, timezone, create Lightning App, create and manage list view, create and manage users, create and manage profile and permission sets, set IP and log-in hours for users, setup audit trail and session setting. Candidate should have good experience in the Salesforce sharing model.
2. Object Manager and Lightning App Builder (20%)
This topic covers object relationships in Salesforce. Candidate should know how to create custom objects and fields, define different types of relationships, create record types, page layouts and dynamic forms,
3. Sales and Marketing Applications (12%)
This topic covers Sales cloud configuration. Candidate should know how to configure the Sales process, opportunity, forecast and sales/opportunity path. They should know how to use sales productivity features using opportunity tools like dashboards, lead scoring, Einstein opportunity scoring, and home page assistant. They should also be able to manage lead and campaign automation tools like lead conversion, lead assignment rules, and campaign and campaign members.
4. Service and Support Applications (11%)
Sales and Service Cloud are the core cloud for Salesforce CRM. Candidate should be able to configure the Service processes like the case, case assignment rules, and queues. They should know, how to automate case management processes like support processes, case auto-response rules, and case escalation.
5. Productivity and Collaboration (7%)
Salesforce Admin should know how to configure activities and chatter collaboration. They should know about the AppExchange application and how to use it. They should also know how to use Salesforce mobile application.
6. Data and Analytics Management (14%)
Salesforce Admin mostly works with Salesforce Data. They should know how to export/import data from different tools like data loader, workbench etc, mass record creation/deletion, data validation and report and dashboard creation. They should also know to share reports with different sets of users.
7. Workflow/Process Automation (16%)
Salesforce Admin has to create automation for different business logic. They should know process builder, flow and approval process.
How to Study these topics?
Trailhead Trailmix is recommended to learn these topics. Not just read modules covered in this Trailmix, but do it practically to clear concepts of each topic. You should not think from the perspective of clearing the exam. If you have cleared your concept for topics then you can easily crack the exam.
Always check Salesforce Administrator Exam Guide when you preparing for the exam, as modules/topics can change based on changes in Salesforce Releases.
Salesforce Administrator Training
Salesforce Administrator skills are required for all Salesforce professionals so all concepts should be clear. You can take classroom or virtual training to clear concepts of all Administrator certification modules.
Administrator Certification Practice Exams
Once you have completed Salesforce Administrator Trailhead Trailmix, you can test your knowledge of each learned topic from below practice tests. These will give you an idea of what kind of questions will appear in the Salesforce Admin Credential exam.
- Official Salesforce Administrator Practice Test
- Official Salesforce Mock Test
- Free Salesforce Admin Practice Exam (with Answers)
- Salesforce Administrator Certification Practice Test and Sample Questions
- Top Salesforce Administrator Certification Sample Questions and Answers 2023
Why should go for Salesforce Administrator Certification?
There are several reasons why taking a certification like the Salesforce Admin Certification can be beneficial:
- Validation of skills: Certification serves as a validation of your knowledge and skills in a specific area, such as Salesforce administration. It demonstrates to employers and clients that you have a certain level of expertise and can perform the tasks associated with the certification.
- Career advancement: Certification can enhance your career prospects by making you more marketable to potential employers. It distinguishes you from other candidates who may not have the same level of certification, increasing your chances of being considered for job opportunities and promotions.
- Increased earning potential: Certified professionals often command higher salaries compared to their non-certified counterparts. Certification can lead to better job opportunities and potentially higher-paying roles within an organization.
- Industry recognition: Certification from reputable organizations like Salesforce carries industry recognition and establishes your credibility as a qualified professional in the field. It can help build trust with clients and employers who value certified individuals.
- Expanded knowledge and skills: The process of preparing for a certification exam requires you to dive deeper into the subject matter and broaden your understanding. Even if you have practical experience, certification often exposes you to new concepts, best practices, and updates in the field, helping you stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Networking opportunities: Certification programs often provide access to a community of certified professionals. Engaging with this community can expand your professional network, allowing you to connect with like-minded individuals, share knowledge and experiences, and potentially open doors to new opportunities.
- Personal satisfaction: Achieving certification can be personally rewarding, boosting your confidence and providing a sense of accomplishment. It validates your dedication to professional growth and showcases your commitment to excellence in your field.
It’s important to note that certifications should complement practical experience. While certification demonstrates theoretical knowledge, employers also value hands-on experience and the ability to apply that knowledge effectively in real-world scenarios